Apr 25, 2013 | Oh Those Pesky Rules
Apparently some players have a) short memories, b) didn't actually bother to read the rules, or c) are convinced that the rules don't apply to them. So, with that in mind, we 'invite' all the players to take a stroll over to the RULES tab and re-acquaint themselves with the official game rules. In particular, it seems as though Rule 5 is being ignored more and more - so to make it easy, here's a recap of Rule 5.a and 5.b:
5. You MAY NOT use game messaging, profiles, chat, or forums to transmit
- Harassing, obscene, or illegal content
- You may not bypass any in game text filters in order to get around the above rule; this includes but is not limited to, creative spelling of offensive words by using symbols or spaces instead of letters.
- The game and the community are meant for everyone to enjoy. It's hard to enjoy when somebody decides to take it too seriously and start harassing or being excessively obscene.
And in case there is any confusion, breaking the rules can result in restriction or banning of your account.
Be civil. You're not in grade school any longer.
Apr 9, 2013 | New Preferences
New account preferences have been added. Go try them out!
If you have ideas for other preferences you think would add interest to the game, take a fun trip over to GUA and post your ideas.
Mar 31, 2013 | New Activity Bonus
Effective immediately, a new activity bonus has been implemented. This means that once every 24 hrs. (resetting at midnight server time), you can visit your base page to choose an activity bonus. For the first day, the choices will be 1 turn or 100 soldiers. Each day will have slightly different options from which to choose, and Day 25 will have an additional bonus option. The cycle for the activity bonus is 25 days; in other words it will automatically repeat every 25 days. However, if you miss a day during the 25-day cycle, your activity bonus options will revert to the Day 1 bonus and you will in effect be starting over.
We may modify or enhance the Daily Activity Bonuses at any time - or not.
Feb 21, 2013 | Bug Fix
The 2:1 credits:clicks ratio has been fixed.
Feb 21, 2013 | Age 14 Beta Changes - Update 1
Global clicks are back, baby!
1 click on a game captcha outside the recruiter = 1 credit !
Premium subscriptions purchased at the end of last age have been extended by 7 days to cover the downtime between Age 13 and Age 14 Beta
Feb 20, 2013 | Age 14 Beta
IT'S A BETA!!
What's a beta, you ask? Well, here’s the dictionary definition ::
/bay't*/, /be't*/ or (Commonwealth) /bee't*/ n.
1. Mostly working, but still under TEST; usu. used with `in': `in beta'. Beta releases are generally made to a group of LUCKY (or unlucky) trusted customers.
2. Anything that is new and EXPERIMENTAL. "His girlfriend is in beta" means that he is still testing for compatibility and reserving judgment.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now that we have that settled, let's get down to business...Beta business!
CHANGES to date (in no particular order) ::
- Human Bonus: 10% Weapon Strength + 10 Bonus Point
- Dwarf Bonus: 40% Defense Bonus + 10% TBG Bonus
- Orcs: 50% Strike Bonus + Converts "Slain" Enemies into Untrained Soldiers
- Elves: 40% Spy Bonus + 20% Reduced Repairs
- Goblins: 40% Strike Bonus + Can attack enemies 2/3 their size for full gold
- Pixies: 40% Sentry Bonus + 20% Covert Ops Success Bonus
THINGS THAT DIED IN THE FIAR
- Covert Mercenaries
- Unlimited Merc availability
- UP trickle DOWN
- “Captured” Sabotages - all sabotages will simply succeed or fail
- Some events may only last between 8 - 15 minutes - random time selection
- Announcement of events may - or may not be - only 30 minutes before event starts.
- Many events have been modified in some way.
- Retired Event - Oh Baby!
- Retired Event - Damn Hippies
- Retired Event - Cat's Eye
- Retired Event - Rallying Cry
- Retired Event - Slow News Day (duh.)
- Clicking vs Swiping
- 1 Click = 2 credits
- 1 Swipe = 1 credit
- Sabotage limits have been changed to 10 missions per 22 hours
- Sabotage success now requires a 1:2 spy:sentry ratio rather than a 1:3 - you may, however, discover a way to succeed with ratios < 1:2 (but never < 1:3)!.
- Sabotaged spy and sentry weapons will now break exactly like SA/DA weapons when used.
- Sabotage damage formulas have been tweaked. Have fun!
UP is now capped at 30,000 and the prices have been adjusted.
Stay tuned! No, really....stay tuned!