Well, that was fun. It slipped my mind that the SSL bonanza I went on caused the mobile site at http://m.ruinsofchaos.com/
to stop working. There are a couple contributing reasons for this:
- The Strict Transport Security configuration was set to include subdomains. I meant for it to apply to both ruinsofchaos.com and www.ruinsofchaos.com but it turns out m.ruinsofchaos.com is also a subdomain. Whoops.
- Even if that was not the case and you could get to m.ruinsofchaos.com without HTTPS, the game configuration was updated to instruct browsers to only send cookies over secure channels, so you wouldn't have been able to log in or stay logged in. Whoops.
That, on top of the time it took to get the certificate reissued, as well as the lack of a new start date when they finally did reissue, lead to what is hopefully the final-for-now solution to all of our problems.
We now have a new wildcard certificate from GeoTrust which works with *.ruinsofchaos.com. This includes https://ruinsofchaos.com
, and https://anythingelsewemightthinkoftoaddlater.ruinsofchaos.com
In short, the mobile site at https://m.ruinsofchaos.com/
should work now. If it still doesn't, let me know. (Quick note: I also fixed the mobile training page.)
You can check the information for the certificate by clicking the lock icon in your browser next to the address. (might be on the left side of the address bar or the right side).