a-ayo ayo a-ayo ayo a-ayo ayo a-ayo ayo, but if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all
So the conversation on Saturday went something like this:
did we add anything new for the age??
quick! alter the race bonuses ever so slightly!
Then I was totally gonna do stuff, I swear. Then flupocalypse, zombiepocalypse, or whatever pocalypse it is that I got, and I was totally out of it on Sunday and Monday. To be honest I'm kinda still out of it. But yeah.
So, today, I am going to make the biggest change ever to RoC:
But wait...there's more
- Altered race bonuses ever so slightly!
- Well, not too slightly, considering a built in race stats bonus has gone away in favor of what used to be just a secondary bonus.
- Humans: Reduced repairs (20%)
- Dwarves: Reduced casualties (20%)
- Elves: Gold vision (33%)
- Orcs: Convert casualties (10%)
- RIP pixies and goblins?
"hey, why don't you do something about the sabbing for once?" - said nobody ever
- Removed top sabbers daily, sab ranks will not be shown at the end of this age. Find a better reason to sab, you meanie! Like, a bona fide war, or something. Yeah, I know, I never finished the war system...
"Was the scavenger event just a troll event?"
- Doesn't seem to have actually done anything before. Now it does stuff, though. I think.
Love you guys
edit: about the orc casualty bonus:
This is the casualty conversion bonus we had a while back, where some of the enemy's dead things convert into untrained soldiers for you. This counts for mercs, coverts, etc. If you use the maximum number of turns (12 usually, or 9 turns on alliance members, or 6 turns during double trouble), you get 10% of them, if you use 1 turn, you get 1/maxturns of 10%.
So, effectively, the double trouble event also happens to double the casualty conversion for 1 turn attacks.
With less than 2 days until Age 17 ends, planning for the next age is in full swing. Due to the timing of the age end, with regards to the upcoming holidays, we will have a brief (4 day) speed round to allow those who wish to actually see friends and family during the holidays to do so without being penalized in game for having a social life.
The nerve of those losers.
Limbo activations will begin at 12:01am EST December 26th and last for 12 hours. It's pretty much guaranteed that someone in the world will be offended by this choice, so Andy tenders his resignation in advance.
Let the games begin, and Happy Holidays from the RoC staff!
Today we learned the sad news of the passing of our friend and ROC member, Robert Allen a.k.a. Chromed. The severe pain and unrelenting suffering he endured at the hands of that beast cancer is now over. Our thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathies are with his family and circle of friends today.
RIP, Chromed. The gold is all yours now!