Jan 16, 2016 | Gamefiar LLC and the future of Ruins of Chaos
As some of you may have noticed, we recently launched a new game
that is slowing down everything else slightly. We're working to correct the performance issues, but meanwhile, there have been quite a few questions floating around, so we're taking the chance to clear them up now.
First and foremost, don't worry! Ruins of Chaos isn't going anywhere. We're still committed to the game, and will continue to smash bugs and make new features for Ruins of Chaos. The two games are designed very differently, and appeal to different sorts of play styles. Avabur was a chance to try a new direction without alienating our core players that have been with us for years.
Secondly, no, Avabur didn't impact the development side of Ruins of Chaos. Our staff at Gamefiar is large enough now that we can divide our resources and still keep both projects flowing smoothly. Changes to Ruins of Chaos are in the pipeline that we're sure you'll love.
Thirdly, if you're interested in developing a game, or are handy with graphic design, we're always looking to expand! Let us know what your experience is, and any portfolio you may have build.
Nov 23, 2015 | Welcome to Age 21!
Welcome to Age 21 and congratulations to Teebee for finishing on top!
- #1 Teebee (SP~LoP)
- #2 DS_TC (TC)
- #3 Saniflush (] UW [)
we'll be in touch with the winners shortly regarding the prizes!
We've modified the race bonuses ever so slightly
* we found some leftover magical Pixie Dust that allowed us to bring Pixies back
- Humans: increased repairs bonus by 10% (30%)
- Dwarves: decreased the number of casulties by 5% (25%)
- Elves: no change(s) to the Gold Vision Bonus (33%)
- Orcs: decreased the casulties converted into untrained by 2% (8%)
- Pixies: no change(s) to the Covert Ops Success Bonus (20%)*
Sep 2, 2015 | Age 20 - And you thought there was nothing new!
Age 20 will be unique in one very important way - prizes will be given to the top finishers as follows:
- #1 First Place will receive an AppleTV Digital Multimedia Receiver and a US $100.00 iTunes Gift Card
- #2 Second Place will receive an AppleTV Digital Multimedia Receiver and a US $50.00 or iTunes Gift Card
- #3 Third Place will receive an AppleTV Digital Multimedia Receiver and a US $25.00 iTunes Gift Card
Now for a few details:
We really want to keep this simple. This is not a major sweepstakes or lottery. It is a simple prize offering to the top three winners of our game. Therefore, only the FINAL ranks at the end of the age will determine the winners. Period.
Any player with a current account at the end of the age is eligible to win, with the exception of any account that has been banned for any reason during the course of the age.
No donation or in-game purchase is required in order to be eligible for the final prizes. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO WIN. A PURCHASE/DONATION DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. How well you play the game determines your chances of winning.
If you win and you have the bad luck of living in a place where this kind of prize is taxable - you are responsible for those taxes. RoC/gamefiar, LLC will accept no responsibility. You're on your own!
Don't bother to whine about the prizes - if you don't like Apple or iTunes, don't win!
(RoC is not endorsed by or affiliated with Apple, Inc. in any way. Not yet!)
RoC/gamefiar, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the prize offering should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the game.
By accepting one of the prizes, you understand and agree that RoC/gamefiar, LLC, will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice or consent, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use worldwide in any media, now known or hereafter, in perpetuity and throughout the World, your game name and photograph, if available, as news, publicity or information for promotional purposes without any further compensation.
Aug 29, 2015 |
Mar 31, 2015 | Age 19
a-ayo ayo a-ayo ayo a-ayo ayo a-ayo ayo, but if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all
So the conversation on Saturday went something like this:
did we add anything new for the age??
quick! alter the race bonuses ever so slightly!
Then I was totally gonna do stuff, I swear. Then flupocalypse, zombiepocalypse, or whatever pocalypse it is that I got, and I was totally out of it on Sunday and Monday. To be honest I'm kinda still out of it. But yeah.
So, today, I am going to make the biggest change ever to RoC:
But wait...there's more
- Altered race bonuses ever so slightly!
- Well, not too slightly, considering a built in race stats bonus has gone away in favor of what used to be just a secondary bonus.
- Humans: Reduced repairs (20%)
- Dwarves: Reduced casualties (20%)
- Elves: Gold vision (33%)
- Orcs: Convert casualties (10%)
- RIP pixies and goblins?
"hey, why don't you do something about the sabbing for once?" - said nobody ever
- Removed top sabbers daily, sab ranks will not be shown at the end of this age. Find a better reason to sab, you meanie! Like, a bona fide war, or something. Yeah, I know, I never finished the war system...
"Was the scavenger event just a troll event?"
- Doesn't seem to have actually done anything before. Now it does stuff, though. I think.
Love you guys
edit: about the orc casualty bonus:
This is the casualty conversion bonus we had a while back, where some of the enemy's dead things convert into untrained soldiers for you. This counts for mercs, coverts, etc. If you use the maximum number of turns (12 usually, or 9 turns on alliance members, or 6 turns during double trouble), you get 10% of them, if you use 1 turn, you get 1/maxturns of 10%.
So, effectively, the double trouble event also happens to double the casualty conversion for 1 turn attacks.
Dec 25, 2014 | Age 18
- New events
- Altered old events
- Slow News Day is funny again